Like a big pizza pie…that’s amore!
Chicken cordon bleu is one of my sweetie’s favorite dishes! Unfortunately I’m not a huge fan of Swiss cheese or recipes with a lot of moving parts.
That being said, I wanted to do something special for Ryan when he came up to visit over Labor Day and thought a good compromise would be to make a chicken cordon bleu pizza! I could use cheese I liked, some pre-made ingredients to make things easier, and make my man super happy!
I found a recipe on Pinterest that served as inspiration and added elements from traditional recipes to make my own version of the pizza. Unfortunately, I was too hangry to take pictures, but here is my version of the recipe for your enjoyment!
Crust: I guess you could technically make your own, but I used a whole wheat Boboli premade crust. Do you and do what’s easy.
- White Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- Rotisserie chicken (skin removed)
- salt and pepper
- Deli ham (I used smoked ham and cut up a few slices)
- Handful of green onions
- 1½ cups Italian cheese
- To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour and add the garlic and salt. Stir constantly while adding the milk. When it is thick stir in the parmesan cheese. Sit aside to let cool slightly.
- Tear the chicken into bite size pieces. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray. Add the chicken and brown on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the ham into thin strips. Chop the green onions. Set aside.
- Lay the crust onto a pizza pan. Add the toppings (sauce, meat, cheese, onions…in that order)
- First add the white sauce. Then spread the chicken on top. Add the sliced ham, then the cheese. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Follow the instructions for the pizza crust.
It’s the little things that let a person know that you care. It’s even better when those little things are easy and delicious!